Calvary Community Care
Welcome to the Calvary Community Care - Launch into Work program.
The Australian Government &Launch Into Work ProgramCalvary
About Calvary Community Care
Ternary is changing the way we recruit, connect and retain the workforce. Ternary’s personal approach means each individual receives a tailored service. We match you to the right position, with the right employer, for you right now.
The Launch into Work Program
Is a Pre-Employment Training and Work Experience program for 10 people who are wanting to gain employment in the Community Sector, to work with the elderly or people with disabilities.
With a guarantee of employment on a minimum of 25 hours once the program has been successfully completed.
We are seeking 10 individuals who are passionate, caring and have a want to work with the elderly in a community setting.
The program is ran over 6-weeks where you will study 4 units of competency in community care (disability and ageing), complete up to 60 hours of buddied placement shifts (in clients homes) to reinforce and build your confidence.
Locations of Placement & Employment
Calvary Community Care have committed to 10 on-going roles within specific geographical areas, these being:
- City of West Torrens
- City of Sturt
- City of Port Adelaide Enfield
- City of Marion
A guarantee of a minimum of 25 hours per week for each candidate, upon the successful completion of the full Launch into Work program.
Hours of Training
9:30am – 4:30pm, Monday to Friday
Hours of Work Placement
Work placement is offered between 7:00am – 7:00pm, Monday to Friday.
(Participants will not be required to work 12 hour days during the LiW program or in employment, shift may occur during these times)
During the application stage, Rebecca from Ternary will work with you to identify your hours and days you would like to work within the above hours and days.
You are enthusiastic and dedicated to making a difference in people’s lives and want to work with the elderly and are committed.We are hiring on attitude – you will learn the skills you need to gain employment during the program.
Once you decide this opportunity is right for you, Rebecca from Ternary will work with you to collate and complete the following requirements:
- Hold a Certificate III in Aged Care, Home and Community Care, Disability or Individual Support or equivalent
- Have a current drivers licence and reliable vehicle
- Minimum of 3rd party car insurance
- Current DCSI Clearance – Child related employment
(Please apply for when referring candidate to the Information Session, at present there is up-to a 6-week delay, with people not being able to commencement employment until received)
- Clear National Police Clearance (completed by Ternary & Calvary Community Care)
- Mobile phone
- Complete and pass a general medical and drug & alcohol assessment (organised by Ternary once application is received – after attending the information session)
About Community Support Worker roles
Participants will be trained to undertake varying tasks to support people with disabilities &/or the elderly to maintain their independence and lifestyle in their home. Some of the duties and requirements of the role involve:
- Personal care – dressing, showering and grooming
- Transportation – to and from events, medical appointments
- Domestic assistance – laundry, vacuuming, light house work
- Shopping assistance
- Engage in the activities of daily living of the clients
- Positively interact with all clients, nurturing their experience and giving each client individual attention and comfort
- Assist in implementing a consistent daily routine of the clients
- Ensure a clean and healthy environment for the clients.
This program offers guaranteed employment at the conclusion of the program, once completed you will commence employment with Calvary Community Care from Monday 10 December 2018.
How to get involved - book in to attend the Candidate Information Session
If this sounds like something you or your client is interested is please book them in to attend the no-obligation information session on Monday 22 October 2018 at Calvary Community Care, Wakefield Street, Adelaide.